Thursday, December 25, 2008

I had really bad Acne a Few Years Ago and it Ruined My Self-Esteem

Combating acne can be one of the most frustrating battles to experience.  Sure, basically everybody gets acne at some point in their lives, this isn't enough to just "accept" it and be comfortable with living with acne.

In my life, I have had awful acne.  I was someone who was considered to have severe acne.  I know exactly how devastating acne is to your self-esteem.  There were many days that I wouldn't want to go outside because I was so embarrassed by the way my skin appeared.

I saw that people were taking a look at me and judging the way my skin looked.  Sure, nobody came up to me and said it, but there was no question that people were looking.

And of course, I never even thought about trying to have a girlfriend.  Sure, I had crushes on girls, but I had absolutely no confidence in myself and figured I was too ugly to be dating.

Acne affected so many aspects of my life.  It wasn't just my skin that was in bad shape - I was in bad shape as a whole.  My zero self-confidence affected my friendships, my lovelife and my happiness.

Thankfully, I found the best acne treatment that worked for me.  I'm happy to say that I live acne free nowadays.  I tried a lots of different treatments before I found something that worked.  My main advice is to make sure you find a solution that actually treats all of the causes of acne.  Otherwise you won't see the results you want.

And please - skip the prescription drugs.  Not only are they ineffective in most cases, but many of them have some nasty side effects.

The key is not to get discouraged and to take action!  Read some acne treatment reviews, find the best acne treatment for you, and stick to it. 

No comments: